What you Will study ?
- An Introduction to Accounting, The Double Entry Accounting System, & Recording Transactions utilizing Debits and Credit
- Analyze, use, and create from scratch monetary statements together with a steadiness sheet, earnings assertion, assertion of fairness, and assertion of money flows
- Use the ideas of the double entry accounting system
- File monetary transactions utilizing the accounting equation
- File monetary transactions utilizing debits and credit
- Be taught when and the way to use accounting strategies such a the accrual methodology and money methodology
- Apply the ideas associated to the income recognition precept and the matching precept to recording transactions and studying monetary statements
- File interval finish adjusting entries and find a way to clarify why adjusting entries are obligatory is a properly designed accounting system
- File merchandising transactions. File transactions involving stock
- Observe stock utilizing value movement strategies like FIFO, LIFO, and Weighted Common Strategies
- Create and use subsidiary ledgers like accounts receivable by buyer and accounts payable by vendor subsidiary ledgers
- Find out how to create and use particular journals and the way they are often a part of an accounting system
- Assemble and interpret a financial institution reconciliation, one of the crucial vital inner controls
- Find a way to implement inner controls over money
- Worth account receivable and file dangerous debt expense utilizing both the allowance methodology or direct write off methodology
- Calculate depreciation utilizing totally different depreciation strategies together with straight line depreciation, double declining steadiness, & items of manufacturing depreciation
- File payroll transactions and calculate web pay and earnings tax withholding
- File transaction particular to partnerships together with strategies to allocate web earnings to the companions, including a brand new companion, and a companion leaving or promoting a partnership curiosity
- File transaction particular to a company together with promoting capital inventory, promoting most popular inventory, shopping for treasury inventory, issuing money dividends, and issuing inventory dividends
- File transactions associated to the issuance of bonds
- File transactions associated to notes payable. Be taught to create an amortization desk.
- Assemble a press release of money flows utilizing the direct methodology and oblique methodology. We go into extra element about greatest practices to assemble a press release of money flows than some other course we’ve seen
Not too long ago up to date with A LOT of added content material.
Contains downloadable e-book in a number of codecs so you possibly can open it in your pill or Kindle – Codecs (EPUB, MOBI, PDF).
This course is a wonderful complement for college kids or anyone who needs to study accounting and still have one thing they’ll refer again to sooner or later. Udemy usually gives lifetime entry to the course.
Many accounting college students don’t obtain a bodily e-book, they get to maintain from their faculty, and even when they did, the data may turn out to be dated. College students who desire a helpful reference device they’ll maintain, and one that may be extra simply up to date then a textbook, will profit from a useful resource similar to this.
Monetary accounting is a LARGE subject and isn’t one thing that may be completed properly in 5, 10, or 20, hours of content material, as you may even see claimed elsewhere. We’ll cowl accounting principle as a result of principle and ideas are what accounting is. We want to study principle so we will make applicable changes in the actual world. Studying procedures with out understanding the speculation will make us rigid and unable to adapt to the ever-changing setting. We’ll study the speculation whereas we apply them to procedures.
Monetary accounting is comparatively standardized in format. In different phrases, most accounting establishments will cowl a lot the identical subjects, typically in a lot the identical order. We recommend trying up a typical accounting textbook, checking the index, and evaluating the subjects to the programs you’re contemplating buying. We consider this course will line up properly to anyone’s wants who need to study monetary accounting.
Beneath is a listing of subjects by part:
Part SEC 1 An Introduction to Accounting, The Double Entry Accounting System, & Recording Transactions utilizing Debits and Credit
Part SEC 2 – Recording Interval Finish Adjusting Entries
Part SEC 3 – Recording Closing Entries
Part SEC 4 – Merchandising Transactions – Transactions Involving Stock
Part SEC 5 – Stock Value Move Assumptions (FIFO, LIFO, Weighted Common Strategies)
Part SEC 6 – Subsidiary Ledgers & Particular Journals
Part SEC 7 – Financial institution Reconciliations & Money Inner Controls
Part SEC 8 – Accounts Receivable – Allowance Methodology & Direct Write Off Strategies
Part SEC 9 – Depreciation Strategies & Property Plant & Tools
Part SEC 10 – Payroll Accounting
Part SEC 11 – Partnership Accounting
Part SEC 12 – Accounting for Firms
Part SEC 13 – Bonds Payable, Notes Payable, & Lengthy-Time period Liabilities
- This course is a wonderful course for newcomers in addition to superior learners. We begin from the fundamentals and transfer all through monetary accounting subjects in a scientific manner. We will likely be utilizing some Microsoft Excel worksheet, however we’ll begin off sluggish as we study Excel as properly. When you should not have Excel, you could find a way to open the recordsdata utilizing Google Sheets, which is free. When you should not have both of those choices, you possibly can transfer ahead with out this part of the course. Nevertheless, Excel worksheets are the place learners get to actually have interaction with the fabric and work by way of issues. Subsequently, we do recommend getting entry to Excel or Google Sheets in any respect doable.