What you Will study ?
- An Introduction to Accounting, The Double Entry Accounting System, & Recording Transactions utilizing Debits and Credit
- Analyze, use, and create from scratch monetary statements together with a stability sheet, revenue assertion, assertion of fairness, and assertion of money flows
- Use the ideas of the double entry accounting system
- File monetary transactions utilizing the accounting equation
- File monetary transactions utilizing debits and credit
- Be taught when and the way to use accounting strategies such a the accrual technique and money technique
- Apply the ideas associated to the income recognition precept and the matching precept to recording transactions and studying monetary statements
- File interval finish adjusting entries and have the ability to clarify why adjusting entries are mandatory is a nicely designed accounting system
- File merchandising transactions. File transactions involving stock
- Monitor stock utilizing value circulation strategies like FIFO, LIFO, and Weighted Common Strategies
- Create and use subsidiary ledgers like accounts receivable by buyer and accounts payable by vendor subsidiary ledgers
- Find out how to create and use particular journals and the way they are often a part of an accounting system
- Assemble and interpret a financial institution reconciliation, one of the crucial important inner controls
- Give you the chance to implement inner controls over money
- Worth account receivable and document dangerous debt expense utilizing both the allowance technique or direct write off technique
- Calculate depreciation utilizing totally different depreciation strategies together with straight line depreciation, double declining stability, & models of manufacturing depreciation
- File payroll transactions and calculate internet pay and revenue tax withholding
- File transaction particular to partnerships together with strategies to allocate internet revenue to the companions, including a brand new companion, and a companion leaving or promoting a partnership curiosity
- File transaction particular to an organization together with promoting capital inventory, promoting most popular inventory, shopping for treasury inventory, issuing money dividends, and issuing inventory dividends
- File transactions associated to the issuance of bonds
- File transactions associated to notes payable. Be taught to create an amortization desk.
- Assemble an announcement of money flows utilizing the direct technique and oblique technique. We go into extra element about finest practices to assemble an announcement of money flows than every other course we have now seen
Not too long ago up to date with A LOT of added content material.
Consists of downloadable e-book in a number of codecs so you possibly can open it in your pill or Kindle – Codecs (EPUB, MOBI, PDF).
This course is a wonderful complement for college students or anyone who desires to study accounting and still have one thing they’ll refer again to sooner or later. Udemy usually supplies lifetime entry to the course.
Many accounting college students don’t obtain a bodily e-book, they get to hold from their faculty, and even when they did, the data may turn out to be dated. College students who desire a helpful reference instrument they’ll hold, and one that may be extra simply up to date then a textbook, will profit from a useful resource equivalent to this.
Monetary accounting is a LARGE matter and isn’t one thing that may be carried out nicely in 5, 10, or 20, hours of content material, as you may even see claimed elsewhere. We’ll cowl accounting principle as a result of principle and ideas are what accounting is. We’d like to study principle so we will make acceptable changes in the actual world. Studying procedures with out understanding the idea will make us rigid and unable to adapt to the ever-changing surroundings. We’ll study the idea whereas we apply them to procedures.
Monetary accounting is comparatively standardized in format. In different phrases, most accounting establishments will cowl a lot the identical subjects, usually in a lot the identical order. We recommend wanting up an ordinary accounting textbook, checking the index, and evaluating the subjects to the programs you might be contemplating buying. We consider this course will line up nicely to anyone’s wants who need to study monetary accounting.
Under is a listing of subjects by part:
Part SEC 1 An Introduction to Accounting, The Double Entry Accounting System, & Recording Transactions utilizing Debits and Credit
Part SEC 2 – Recording Interval Finish Adjusting Entries
Part SEC 3 – Recording Closing Entries
Part SEC 4 – Merchandising Transactions – Transactions Involving Stock
Part SEC 5 – Stock Price Circulate Assumptions (FIFO, LIFO, Weighted Common Strategies)
Part SEC 6 – Subsidiary Ledgers & Particular Journals
Part SEC 7 – Financial institution Reconciliations & Money Inner Controls
Part SEC 8 – Accounts Receivable – Allowance Technique & Direct Write Off Strategies
Part SEC 9 – Depreciation Strategies & Property Plant & Tools
Part SEC 10 – Payroll Accounting
Part SEC 11 – Partnership Accounting
Part SEC 12 – Accounting for Companies
Part SEC 13 – Bonds Payable, Notes Payable, & Lengthy-Time period Liabilities
- This course is a wonderful course for newbies in addition to superior learners. We begin from the fundamentals and transfer throughout monetary accounting subjects in a scientific means. We will likely be utilizing some Microsoft Excel worksheet, however we’ll begin off gradual as we study Excel as nicely. Should you don’t have Excel, chances are you’ll have the ability to open the information utilizing Google Sheets, which is free. Should you don’t have both of those choices, you possibly can transfer ahead with out this element of the course. Nonetheless, Excel worksheets are the place learners get to actually interact with the fabric and work by means of issues. Due to this fact, we do recommend getting entry to Excel or Google Sheets in any respect attainable.