Familiarize yourself with the Basics of CheckPoint -Next Generation Firewall & Setup your Base for CCSA Certification
What you’ll learn
- Next Generation Firewall Concepts quickly.
- Why do we need NGFW
- What is Stateful Inspection
- Unified Threat Management (UTM) Features
- How to Evaluate Firewall ~ External Reports
- Quickly able to understand CheckPoint Firewall Components and its functionalities
- Download CheckPoint ISO for LAB
- Basic CheckPoint Firewall Installation
- Deploy a Basic Internet access Lab on Hyper-V environment
- Verify Internet access and observe the Logs
- Basic TCP/IP and Networking knowledge
- 1 Hour of Dedication
Learn all the Concepts about the Features of CheckPoint – Next Generation Firewall, Learn how to evaluate or Review a Firewall. Why are Firewalls needed and how its’ features justify the Deployment in modern Day networks in spite of ACLs on Router, Packet filters & Proxy based Firewalls. You will learn all the additional features they provide on top of other traditional Networking and legacy security solutions. Learn about Stateful Inspection and how it is Used in Firewall to provide security. This JAMsession will get you going with Next Gen Firewall in no time.
A Basic session is included about Components of CheckPoint Firewall and its Deployment scenarios.The session goes on to become Practical by the Deployment of CheckPoint Firewall in a Hyper-V environment and is concluded by a Basic Internet Access Lab. You can also deploy similar Lab in your Laptop and use your existing Wi-Fi connection for Internet segment. Further more, logically this same Lab can be used to deploy Any other Firewall as well. You should be confident to handle any queries on NGFW and also help to clear your Interview as well. It will also help you decide if you want to switch over to Network security if you have already pursued Networking. Lets jump right in.