On this course you’ll find out about info safety by means of some introductory materials and acquire an appreciation of the scope and context across the topic. This features a temporary introduction to cryptography, safety administration and community and laptop safety that permits a scholar to start the journey into the examine of data safety and develop their appreciation of some key info safety ideas.
After finishing the course learners ought to find a way to:
1. present an consciousness of some key info safety rules
2. clarify a few of the key elements of data danger and safety administration
3. a few of the key elements in laptop and community safety, together with some appreciation of threats, assaults, exploits and vulnerabilities
4. a few of the expertise, data and roles/careers alternatives inside info safety
5. present an consciousness of the knowledge safety business and the occupation.
The course concludes with a dialogue round a easy mannequin of the knowledge safety business and explores expertise, data and roles in order that the learner can decide and analyse potential profession alternatives on this growing occupation and think about how they could want to develop personally to attain their profession targets.
we take a look at some introductory materials comprising the next classes:
The CIA Triad –
An summary of the RMIAS – Reference Mannequin of Information Assurance and Security – used to introduce a wider scope to info safety.
A presentation across the data areas (KAs) being proposed to outline the curriculum for info/cyber safety.